Wednesday, November 25, 2009

When Teachers Are the Experts. From Tradtional to Collaborative Pro. D.

This article from Ian Jukes' blog is a great summary of where I think professional development is heading. It's exciting to think of the equal access that the internet will provide for schools that haven't traditionally been able to afford the high-cost programs we've grown accustomed to.

When Teachers Are the Experts. From Tradtional to Collaborative Pro. D.: "I think I’m going to miss the coffee and Danish most of all. I won’t miss staring at the clock with my politely disengaged colleagues. And I won’t miss the guy up front, some former principal or ace teacher, who’s going to teach us about some topic that has been deemed important for the entire staff. These whole-school workshop sessions that many of us have experienced are what I’ll call “old PD”: professional development in the form of an expert up ..."

No comments: