Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hacking Education

Jeff Jarvis' What Would Google Do? really impressed me. He's written a post on his blog Buzz Machine that touches on the topic of education. Here's how the post begins:

Educators - like musicians, journalists, carmakers, and bankers before them - won’t know what hit them. But as sure as change is overtaking every other sector of society, it will overtake education - as well it should. Our cookie-cutter, one-pace-fits-all, test-focused system is not up to the task of teaching the creators of the new Googles.


That pretty much sums up my concerns that I blogged about earlier this week. How are we facing these changes? I think my own school is actually doing a good job of preparing for these sorts of disruptions, but how much can one institution do?

No comments: